Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream



009
010
Featured Photo 2
002

Homemade ice cream used to be such a long, tedious process for me. First, you must slave over a hot stove making custard. Then you have to wait hours for said custard to cool completely so you can churn without fear of the dreaded ice crystals. Next you need to crush some ice, layer it in the ice cream maker with salt, and you're FINALLY ready to churn. Whew. Too much work!

Then I received my ice cream maker for Christmas, and it opened up a whole new world. I discovered that you can get exceptionally good ice cream without making a custard base. No endless waiting required - simply mix the ingredients together and pour it into the machine!

But about this recipe. 

There's actually no need for a fancy machine to make this ice cream. Simply whip everything together and pour into a pan to freeze! Easy peasy. Of course I used my machine, because I love it so.

To get the recipe, head on over to the Good Life Eats blog.

See you soon!
Erica


6 comments

  1. Recipes are great, I wish you continued success

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica, this ice cream sounds divine. I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this ice cream last night, and it is divine! I added the zest of one lemon to brighten up the flavor, and it tastes delicious. I love the smooth texture. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, why didn't I think of lemon zest? That sounds like the perfect addition - I'll have to remember that next time I make this. So glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete